* An introduction
* Sam Owopetu, African liaison to the Kennedy Memorial Tournament, discusses the state of the game in Africa.
* Field hockey, the game introduced to the suburbs (before the word came into common usage) has found a resting place in some urban areas.
* Prominent African Americans in the sport speak out.
* Right up until the 2000 season, Jackie Fives of Piscataway (N.J.) welcomed persons of color to her team. At times, her teams touched greatness.
* Kajee Murangi went from war-torn Namibia to a state championship in less than three years.
* Mimi Smith of Old Dominion University had to work hard to gain the respect commeasurate with a player of her ability. In 1998, all that hard work paid off.