* Has women's basketball passed Maryland and Virginia by? Not on your life.
* An appreciation: Maggie Dixon, coach, United States Military Academy
* An appreciation: Diana Taurasi, guard/forward, UConn
* An appreciation: The 1998-99 Gallaudet women's basketball team
* An appreciation: Kim Perrot, guard, Houston Comets
* An appreciation: Suzie McConnell-Serio, guard, Cleveland Rockers
* An appreciation: Jennifer Capriati, tennis
* An appreciation: Shea Ralph, guard, UConn
* Opinion: Teresa Edwards and Mrs. Jones make a point about pay equity
* Life in the WNBA is an education for its only Ivy League graduate, Allison Feaster of the Sparks.
* Nell Fortner learned how to win an Olympic gold medal as an assistant coach for the 1996 squad, which went 60-0. The hard part: replicating the feat in Sydney.
* Observations on the WNBA's "marketing machine."
* The 2001 Washington Mystics were, literally, lightweights. And therein lies a societal problem.
* Teresa Edwards had a lot of catching up to do after four years in the professional women's basketball wilderness.
* Inside the arms race for WNBA post players
*Book review: Counting Coup